Best European Destinations
London, Paris, Prague, Rome… All these popular tourist destinations are crowded with millions of tourists every year. If you want to experience all the beauties of Europe, minus the crowds, take a look at these fabulous travel destinations, since ‘the Old Lady’ has much more to offer, the following are some of the Best European Destinations, but not only this, the list is very long, but we will start with this 11 cities:
1. The first associations of Norway are Oslo and the lovely nature. Still, Bergen is a true Norwegian gem. This is a picturesque city with excellent nightlife, top notch restaurants and lovely seaside. Also, you can pay a visit to the famous fjords from here.
2. Cork is considered by many, ‘the real capital of Ireland’. Dublin is lovely, but if you are looking for a place that is easy to get around with welcoming locals, Cork is the spot. The city is also famous for its excellent restaurants and live gigs at the pubs.
3. A vibrant nightlife, great museums and first class boutiques, Lyon is put on the map of the most interesting European destinations. You should definitely pay a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts and Paarc de la Tete d’Or, the largest park in Frace.
4. Another Scandinavian destination. Situated on the shores of the Gulf of Finland, Helsinki is a very charming city. Explore the port and watch the ferries sail in and out, visit the numerous museums and try the popular sauna.
5. Freiburg is a center of academia surrounded by outstanding nature. Here you will get a glimpse of the architecture from the Dark Ages, but also enjoy the greenery. An interesting fact – the city is situated at the entrance of the fantastic Black Forest.
6. The city’s history dates from Roman times, and today Porto is a romantic port city with a rich cultural life. Visitors usually stick to the historical city center (Ribeira), and a visit to the Museum of Modern Art and the House of Music are a must. Porto is also the hometown of the famous wine of the same name.
7. Visitors fall in love easily in this small ‘tucked-in’ town. The beautiful architecture and the canals create an incredible atmosphere.
8. Italy has numerous cities worth visiting, but Genoa is often left out from the tourist maps. This lovely coastal city is famous for its narrow streets and colorful facades. The historical city takes you straight back to the Middle Ages!
9. Andalusia is magical, and Granada proves it best. The most popular attraction in the city is the legendary Alhambra Palace.
10. Manchester is famous for its love of football and the lively music scene. You should definitely visit the Lowry Art Center, buy some trinkets at Affleck’s Palace Market and visit as many pubs as you can, to get a tiny glimpse of the vibrant nightlife.
11. Goteborg is much more interesting and less expensive version of Stockholm. Interesting cafes, attractive architecture, street art and many galleries contribute to the creative atmosphere of the city. Here you can pay a visit to the Liseberg Amusement Park, numerous museums and parks.